- To encourage growth, acceptance, and recognition of sport business programs in business schools;
- To increase awareness, acceptance, and recognition among respective accrediting bodies
- To engage sport business practitioners in the education and development of students through industry-based projects and quality experiential learning opportunities;
- To share the best practices of educational outcomes or assurances of learning that are appropriate and reliable among sport business programs;
- To establish and maintain an interactive platform for sport business academicians and practitioners to exchange ideas and resources; and
- To provide information to institutions contemplating movement to or establishment of a sport business related education program in a school of business.